According to Art. 6bis of the Statute the Organs of UNISCAPE are:
1. the General Assembly
2. the Executive Board
3. the President
The General Assembly represents the decision-making body of UNISCAPE and consists of all Member representatives. The General Assembly meets annually in places decided by the Executive Board.
The ExecutiveBoard shall provide to run UNISCAPE. It is composed of the President, the Vice-Presidents and eight representatives appointed every three years by the General Assembly among its own components. The Executive Board appoint the Director of UNISCAPE every three years. Candidates may be reappointed for the duration of one further term.
The last election of the members of the Executive Board took place in Copenhagen, in occasion of 2017 meeting of UNISCAPE General Assembly (18th June).
The actual composition of the Executive Board for the period 2017-2020 is the follow:
– Juan Manuel PALERM – University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (Spain) – President
– Sasa DOBRICIC – University of Nova Gorica (Slovenia) – Vice-President
– Veerle VAN EETVELDE – University of Ghent (Belgium) – Vice-President
– Fabio SALBITANO – University of Florence (IT) – hosting university
– Claudia CASSATELLA – Polytechnic University Turin (IT)
– Cristobal CRESPO – ETSA University of A Coruna (ES)
– Conor NEWMAN – NUI Galway (IR)
– Rita OCCHIUTO – University of Liege (BE)
– Anne TIETJEN – University of Copenhagen (DK)
– Daniele TORREGGIANI – University of Bologna (IT)
– Margherita VANORE – IUAV University of Venice (IT)
In occasion of its first meeting, the Executive Board appointed :
Tessa MATTEINI – University of Florence
as the Director of UNISCAPE for the next three years term (2017-2020)
In occasion of the 10th General Assembly meeting (Galway, 29 June 2016) an internal regulation for the constitution of a Management Committee of the Executive Board has been approved. Its is composed by the President, the two vice-Presidents and the Director of UNISCAPE and its function is to to simplify the functioning and efficiency of the Executive Board.
The President and the two vice-Presidents of UNISCAPE are elected by the General Assembly for the term of four years. The last election took place at the 10th General Assembly meeting (Galway, 29 June 2016). An Internal regulation approved in the same occasion defines the functions of the President:
-legally represent the association;
– assume financial responsibility of the association:
– propose and delegate specific tasks to the Management Committee of the EB;
– propose overall objectives and strategies for each year of his/her presidency in the GA,
– promote the pro-active commitment of the representatives of the Member Universities as delegated by the legal representative of their University or Department, in the activities and functioning of the UNISCAPE network.
No remuneration is provided for the members of UNISCAPE organs